Pages


Hopelessly Old-Fashioned

Monday, July 11, 2016



"There is a beautiful thing inside you that is thousands of years old.
Too old to be captured in poems.
Too old to be loved by everyone.
But loved so very deeply by a chosen few."


I remember growing up, especially when I got into my teenage years, constantly telling myself
"I can't wait until I'm an adult."
Back then, I thought I would do things completely different from my parents. I had all these ideas of ways I would do these "cool, adult things".
Now I look back and wish I could be a kid again, haha.

My husband is actually 7 years older than myself and is always reminding me of my "Old Soul."
You see, all those years I said I wouldn't be my parents or elder family members,
I TURNED INTO THEM.

Disclaimer: I am aware that everyone has their own opinion and this is my own. I understand some of these topics can be controversial but I believe we can agree to disagree.

Now, Back to the Blog.

In this day and age, there is a lot of Women Empowerment.
Yes, I do believe that a woman can have a career of their choosing and be successful with that career.
But, while I believe that it is important to do things that you love, I believe as a wife you have "duties" as well.
Now these duties don't have specific gender roles and each relationship is different but I'll leave you with this example. My mother worked as soon as I could use the bathroom by myself and also came home and made dinner and kept our home clean.
As a adult now, I am a Marine and I still come home and hold down the fort.

Growing up, my parents always sent us outside to play. My brother and cousins and I would spend hours upon hours outside. We would play until the street lights came on.
I loved playing outside. We would climb trees and play sports almost everyday. 
Often times, we would let our grass get a little too long in our backyard.
One of my fondest memories as a child was when my cousin Allison and I would pretend to be in the wild and find imaginary animals with our Steve Irwin voices.
I see a lot of children stuck in the house playing on some sort of tablet or gaming device.
While I know that there are educational apps and games that can benefit children, I think that getting them outside and showing them how awesome it really is to be able to play for hours is so much more beneficial.
These are memories that you are creating for those children and I promise that when they get older they will appreciate that.

You know that old saying, "Save that for the bedroom" ?
I don't always keep up with all the new fashion trends simply because I believe they can be a little revealing. I'm just not sure you really need to have your breasts and your butt falling out of your clothes. Now don't get me wrong, I think some items can be flattering.
There is a happy medium.
Recently, my husband and I went on a shopping date. While on this date, we passed by a young lady maybe 15-17 years old. I couldn't help but noticed her butt cheeks literally coming out of her shorts.
I mean, you know that crease where the bottom of your butt meets the back of your thighs?
Everyone and their mother could see hers and I really only had one question.
What are you trying to prove?

Now this last one really irks me.
RESPECT!
Is this some sort of foreign language these days? I seriously cringe at the lack of respect people have for others. This is for all ages, children and adults.
It's almost like it was forgotten or lost.
When someone holds the door open for you as your walking into a store, say thank you!
There is nothing wrong with saying please.
I saw a little boy take his hand and wipe out everything on the isle because his mom said he couldn't get a candy he wanted. That same little boy then spit in his mothers face as we waited in line.
If you're not a people person, you should probably not work retail.
I was purchasing a birthday cake and needed the bakery to write something on the cake. I asked the lady working in the deli, right alongside the bakery, if she could contact someone that can help me.
The lady looked at me like I was asking her to murder someone, shrugged her shoulders, and walked away to gossip with another girl in the back.

 These are just the few ways I think I could have been born in the wrong century.
I could write a novel about all the other ways but this post would be crazy long.
I hope this gave y'all a little laugh.
Can you relate to any of these?

Current Song:
Lost Boy; Ruth B

Question of the Day:
In what ways did you carry on things your parents did?

-HastaLaBridges








No comments :

Post a Comment