Often times I get questioned about my relationship with my husband.
How did we meet? Where is he from?
So Ladies and Gents, It's story time!
As some of you may know, my husband's name is Brandon.
He is a Corpsman in the United States Navy.
People often ask how a Carolina Man and a California Girl crossed paths long enough to get married.
We actually met across the world on a little island called Okinawa, Japan with good ol' 9th ESB.
One day I received a friend request from him on Facebook. I knew that he could possibly be in my company but wasn't too sure. Before approving this request, I sent him a message and simply questioned "Do I know you?"
I don't typically approve people I do not know.
He responded shortly after and had stated that he was our Company Corpsman and that he usually adds the Marines in his company.
We had a little small talk and that was the end of that.
Little did I know, I would marry this man.
It was a little weird. I was stuck in a place where I didn't want a relationship and enjoying his company. I had recently ended a 3 year relationship and I wasn't sure that starting something new with someone else was the right thing to do. I believe he felt the same because it only lasted a couple weeks and then we had went our separate ways.
After some time apart, we began to hang out again. It was one of those things where we followed each others lead. We remained friends for a while before ever actually making a relationship.
I was figuring out some issues with my ex and he was in the process of getting divorced.
DISCLAIMER: He had been pending divorce prior to us even getting back in contact with each other. Keep in mind, he was never in a relationship when we had first met and we had started hanging out much later.
Fast-Forward a bit in time. We made things official in July of 2014. I left Japan in September of 2014 and he remained in Japan until the end of December 2014. Needless to say it was a very long distance relationship and it remained long distance until we were married.
I was stationed in California and he was stationed in South Carolina.
I surprised him when he came home in December for leave and he came out to California a few months later.
After 10 months of being together, we got married on May 1, 2015 in Ventura, California.
Yeah Yeah, I know. Most people think that's extremely fast.
But hey! What's fast for you may not be fast for someone else.
We have now been married for a little over a year and I am over the moon in love with my best friend. He is often times the biggest pain in my butt but we balance each other out and have the best of times together.
One of my favorite quotes reads:
Sometimes the greatest relationships are the ones you never expected to be in. The ones that sweep you off your feet and challenge every view you've every had.
*This post was inspired by my friend Valeria who posted her love story recently.
Be sure to check out her blog:
Loveisseekingpeace.blogspot.com
Question of the Day:
Where did your love story begin?
Until Next Time,
Hasta La Bridges


So happy for you both! and nothing is ever to fast if 2 people truly love each other! <3
ReplyDeleteI truly believe that now that it has happened to me. Thank you so much. I was hoping you would read this since I had mentioned that I stole the idea from you.
Delete